Thursday, July 20, 2006

I'll Be Back!


I will be taking a break from blogging starting today and will be returning Tuesday, August 1. Taking some time to spend with my wife and kids and get away for awhile. I have several posts that I have started to write but have not had the time to finish. I have been busy getting ready for vacation, mainly getting our Ford mini-van ready for travel, making some necessary repairs and cleaning it up. It simply amazes me that we are approaching the 100,000 mile mark, and the vehicle seems to have a self-destruct switch; everything seems to be going wrong. This is the first vehicle that I have had to replace a steering rack and I generally drive my vehicles to well over 100,000 miles. What is frustrating is that just after the rack was replaced, a fuel injector failed. But I guess it is better for this to happen before we get on the road and that I am able to make many of the repairs myself (with the exception of the rack and fuel injector, which combined totaled almost $1400), saving us several hundred dollars. Hopefully this will be the last round of repairs and be OK for awhile, especially while we are traveling out of town.

No comments: